a family tradition
Hiring: Internship and Full Time
Location: Southeast Region
Position(s): Sales Internship and Sales Development Program
On Campus: Career Fair (2/5)
Links to Apply!
(21 years of age and older)
(6-8 Weeks) About Gallo Nearly eighty years ago, with humble beginnings, Brothers Ernest and Julio Gallo began E. & J. Gallo Winery. Today, we are the world's largest family-owned winery. We distribute wines to 90 countries and are the largest exporter of California wine. E. & J. Gallo Winery employs a creative and talented team of more than 5,000 people. We truly believe that the contributions of our employees are what make our Winery a dominant force in the ever-growing wine industry. If want to work with great people and enjoy a career in a dynamic industry expected to double in the next 10 years, see what opportunities await you at E. & J. Gallo Winery!
Job Summary Currently E. &J. Gallo Winery is searching for a candidate to enter our 6-8 week Gallo Sales Internship Program. This program is designed to provide training and job shadowing within our Sales organization and related channels, Management and various projects and tasks as they relate to assigned areas. This program offers talented individuals the opportunity to engage in various parts of the business, interact with management, develop innovative solutions to real business challenges, and cultivate the next generation of leaders. The program is comprised of the following commercial rotational assignments:
FIELD SALES REP
• Works with Field Sales Representatives to gain an understanding of retail sales. This includes selling, merchandising, retail store environment, as well as order entry and technical equipment. Job shadows District Manager, learning Management Techniques.
MARKET DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
• Works with a Market Development Manager to learn the on-line training roles, brand objectives, brand calendar and mid-month meetings.
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE MANAGER
• Works with a Business Intelligence Manager to learn more strategic facets of the business including: new product launches, ‘shock and awe’ strategy, pricing and inventory strategy, projecting needs in the field, and serving as a liaison between sales and the Business Units.
Works with various managers from other channels of the business to learn about: Spirits, Fine Wine, Direct to Consumer and Shopper Marketing.
• Responsible for completing assigned project(s) and presents findings and results to management.
• Works with Sales Management to prepare project presentations.
• Currently enrolled at a college or university and working towards a Bachelor’s degree; or a Bachelor’s Degree.
• High School diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
• 21 years of age or older.
• Required to lift and move up to 40 pounds.
• Valid driver’s license. Required to obtain appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire. Driving to and from varying locations is required.
• Senior class standing at a college or university and working towards a Bachelor’s degree.
• Demonstrated Leadership skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Experience in managing multiple assignments.
• Experience in problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated teamwork experience.
Location This internship has several locations including, but not limited to: Denver, Chicago, Boston, Tampa, New Jersey and Dallas. Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
How to Apply Please apply below to be considered:
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sales Leadership Development Program:
Uncork your potential in the fast-paced world of wine. The challenge, the pace, and the opportunity are
like no other; and we’re looking for the best of the best. Do you have demonstrated leadership and a
competitive streak? Show us your drive and determination to succeed in the exciting world of sales and
marketing, and we’ll help you reach for the top.
TAKE THE FAST TRACK
Learn consumer goods sales and management from the inside out with a concentrated three-phase
program that adapts to your personal pace.
Phase I-Distributor Sales Representative
Gain front-line, hands-on experience, classroom training, and in-depth product knowledge while you
master skills in direct sales, territory management, merchandising, and customer service.
Phase II-District Sales Manager
Assume a direct leadership role in planning sales and promotional activities through hands-on experience
managing and motivating a sales team.
Phase III and Beyond-Area Sales | Market Development Manager
In your first “market assignment” you’ll have the opportunity to manage a larger team as they develop
markets through independent distributors and their organizations
Other positions: Customer Development, Shopper Marketing, Brand Marketing, On-Premise Consultant,
Direct To Consumer, Upper Distributor Management and more...